Looking to buy a business?
As one of the most influential business brokerage firms in North America, we are affiliated with every Merger and Acquisition association in the nation. this allows us to guarantee the highest standard of service as we help you buy a business. By working with a Murphy Business Broker you will have access to the largest network of qualified sellers, this is invaluable when finding the right business for you. Whether the business you are looking for is in your own back yard or worldwide, we can help you find the business you want to buy.
Why buy a business? What are the benefits?
Whether you decide to start a business or buy a business they both have certain pros and cons. Most people feel it is better to buy a business and some of the reasons are quite obvious, such as:
- The hard part of starting and growing the business form the ground up has already been done. It is established.
- An established business means that you buy a business with an immediate cash flow.
- Buying a business that has a long financial history means that it is easier to secure investment if necessary and can give you a great idea of what to expect in the coming years.
- An already established business will have staff, office(s), contacts, customers, equipment stock and suppliers that you will acquire by buying the business.
- The market for the product or service is already there, so you will not need to invest heavily in building the market.
- Existing staff and managers will already have experience and can share that experience with you.
The risk-to-reward ratio is in your favor if you purchase an established business rather than starting from the ground up. The facts are: 40% of start-up businesses actually fail within the first year of operation and approximately 80% fail within 5 years of operating. The dividends on a start-up could be great on the initial investment, however the risks are much higher as well.
On the other hand, buying a business that is well established eliminates most of the risk while at the same time opens the doors for huge profits. The main thing to remember is that when you buy a business, you buy the brand, you have an instant cash flow, the stock, the staff and the office. All you need to do is grow and expand.